Let’s start with this
Self-assessment of engagement
- Am I replying to comments and direct messages (DMs)?
- Am I following like-minded businesses and creators?
- Am I interacting with other accounts?
- Am I collecting UGC (user-generated content)?
- Am I tracking my most engaged followers?
Say I play your game and post an image, Story or Reels on my account.
What do you do with it?
- Share to Stories – Tag me in it and add a little GIPHY
- Send a message thanking me for posting and ask for a copy of the gorgeous content i just made, with the promises that you will share and tag later.
- Use the app REPOST to automagically take my image and post it on your Instagram feed, where you tag me and thank me for sharing.
This type of content is called User-Generated Content (UGC for short). I would highly recommend that you collect and share UGC’s as it’s a great way to engage the audience further. Plus, it makes you look good to new-comers.